RAMI dry-run campaign
During the month of March 2021, the RAMI dry-run campaign has been carried out. The dry-run campaign has allowed the validation of the evaluation procedure defined in the RAMI Evaluation Plan.
The dry-run execution involved most of the aspects of the RAMI Competition, both for underwater and aerial robots, allowing to:
- Validate the design of the TBMs and the FBMs in a real setting.
- Test the scoring and metrics system proposed for the Field and Cascade Campaigns.
- Assess the feasibility of performing the proposed Tasks and Functionalities by the future competing teams.
Since underwater and aerial domains are very different, both domains are evaluated separately in two different tracks:
- Underwater domain, which is organized by the Centre for Maritime Research and Experimentation (CMRE, La Spezia, Italy).
- Aerial domain, which is organized by the Advanced Center for Aerospace Technologies (CATEC, Sevilla, Spain).
Both have conducted the competition evaluations in realistic environments of interest for I&M end-users.
In the case of RAMI competition, to ensure the competition is feasible and to prevent possible errors, this dry-run phase has been carried out without participants involved. Therefore, the evaluation protocols and tools have been tested on CATEC’s and CMRE’s aerial and underwater robots.